FAQ about Interlibrary Loans (ILL) & Article/Chapter Scan & Deliver
Electronic Delivery: Viewing and printing requests
- Why was my document deleted?
- Why is nothing happening when I click on the link to my document?
- I only see every other page of my article? Where are the missing pages?
- What do I do if the printout appears to be sliced into vertical pieces?
Adapted with permission from the California Digital Library and McGill Library (August 20, 2013)
Why was my document deleted?
When trying to access your document, the message “Unable to retrieve document: The document has been deleted” will appear 5 working days following the date you first viewed the document. This is in conformity with the Canadian Copyright Act.
Why is nothing happening when I click on the link to my document?
- You may have an active pop-up blocker. To allow a pop-up window to appear on a one-time basis, press and hold the CTRL key as you click on a link.
I only see every other page of my article? Where are the missing pages?
Go to the "View" menu then choose "Zoom" to adjust the size of the image or try scrolling up, down, right and left. This may reveal the rest of the document.
What do I do if the printout appears to be sliced into vertical pieces?
Problems can occur when printing a PDF file. For example, a PDF file can contain damaged content such as images or fonts that Adobe Reader cannot process during printing.
Please ensure that your version of Adobe Reader is up to date by going to the "Help" menu and choosing “Check for updates”. Once your version of Adobe Reader has been updated, try printing your document again.
If this does not resolve the problem, choose “Print As Image” in the Adobe Reader printer settings. This bypasses many problems by sending the printer an image of your document. Note that this can cause images and fonts to look slightly rougher, especially at the edges. Here are the steps:
- Open the PDF file in Adobe Reader.
- Open the File menu and choose Print.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Select the Print As Image option.
- Click OK, and then Print.