Temporary move of books from LB-4 to offsite storage
Holds and recalls
- Note that in August books in offsite storage may be inaccessible.
- To request a hold or recall an item another patron has loaned out, use the Request option in the Discovery Search or the Library Catalogue.
- Items recalled by a user will have a new due date.
- Number of requests allowed:
- For undergraduate and graduate students the maximum number of concurrent holds is 10.
- For faculty, starting April 20,2017, the maximum number of concurrent holds is 30.
- These limits are for most library items, from any location.
- You will receive an email when your items are ready for pick-up, and they will remain available for retrieval for up to 7 days on the holds shelves, or until the "PICKUP BY" date stated in the email.
- You may want to verify that the email in your library account is correct.
- Should the item you have placed on hold not be located, you will receive a message within 2 weeks notifying you of this and cancelling your request. In this situation other options for obtaining an item are Interlibrary Loans or borrowing it from another university library with your BCI card.