On this page
|Cost per page*|
|Black & White copying/printing||$0.08|
*One page printed double-sided is considered to be 2 pages. The cost of one page printed on both sides is $0.16 (black and white) and $0.58 (colour).
Getting started with DPrint
- Add funds to your account using one of the cash loaders on campus (LB-119 or VL-101) or add funds to your DPrint account online
- Access the machines by swiping your Concordia ID card OR by entering your netname and password
- Add funds to your account using one of the cash loaders on campus (LB-119 or VL-101)
- Access the machines by entering your netname and password
Guests can create a DPrint Guest Account through an online form. This guest account will allow you to photocopy and scan using the DPrint machines in the library.
Photocopying with DPrint machines
- Load documents face-up in document feeder OR face-down on the glass plate with the top corner aligned with the arrow
- the top right-hand corner (B&W DPrint machines)
- the top left-hand corner (colour DPrint machines)
- Press Copy on the touch screen
- Choose any Copying Options you might want
- Enter the number of copies on the keypad and press Start
- When finished, to log out press the Log In/Log Out button
DPrint machine locations
|LB-3 (map)||3 B&W DPrint machines||On the de Maisonneuve/Mackay side by the stairwell|
|2 colour DPrint machines||On the de Maisonneuve/Mackay side by the stairwell|
|LB-5 (map)||1 B&W DPrint machine||In LB-571, next to the Mali Dissertation Writers' Room|
|1 B&W DPrint machine||In LB-560, next to the Venezuela Dissertation Writers' Room|
How do I turn on the DPrint machine?
Press the “Energy Saver” button.
How do I log in?
Students: swipe ID card.
Faculty/staff: press the “keyboard” button: PIN = MyConcordia netname; password = from MyConcordia.
How do I return to the main menu?
Press the “All services” button on the LCD screen.
Will the DPrint machines automatically staple my documents?
By default print-outs and photocopies are not are not stapled, but you can request that the print-outs be stapled.
Printing: Before you send the print job, go to the print dialogue box and click on 'preferences'. On the right side of the box there is a 'stapling' drop-down menu. Choose 1 or 2 staples.
Photocopying: You must be using the feeder. On the main ‘Copy’ page on the right hand side choose ‘1 staple’.
How do I check my DPrint account to see the balance and/or print jobs waiting?
B&W DPrint machine: Press the “Services home” button (a metal button to the left of the LCD screen), then select “Custom Services” then “Release documents”. Important: balance does not refresh unless you log out of your account and log back in.
Colour DPrint machine: On the main menu, press “Print release”; click “refresh” to update after printing. Important: balance does not refresh unless you log out of your account and log back in.
Online: To find out how much money you have on your DPrint account, go to https://eqcas.concordia.ca:2941/webtools/start.html and log in with your netname and password.
How long are print jobs stored on the system?
Print jobs are available for 24 hours only.
What happens if a paper jam occurs in the middle of a print job?
If a DPrint machine jams during a print job, the user is only charged for the pages that have printed. In order to get the rest of the document printed, the user with either need to
- Ask a DPrint service person to unjam the machine and the rest of the job will print, or
- Resend the unprinted pages to the print queue and retrieve on another DPrint machine
Note that the job will remain in the print queue only if the user has selected the "Print and Save" feature. Pressing the “Print and Save” button leaves the file stored in the system for an extra 24 hours. If the user has selected the “Print” button, the document has to be resent since pressing this button deletes the file from the system. However, if the user reprints the entire document he/she will be charged for the pages that printed before the jam and the second printing of the entire document.
Users are charged for the number of printed pages.
What happens if I'm charged for a print job that does not print?
For a refund, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if I'm charged for a print job that does not come out well?
If a print job does not come out well, bring the printed copy to LB-018 for a refund.