On this page
All library desktop and laptop computers have USB ports and CD/DVD burners.
No personal software or programs may be loaded onto the desktop or laptop computers.
- English (Canada)
- English (United States) - default
- French (Canada)
- Chinese (PRC)
- German (Germany)
- Greek (Greece)
- Italian (Italy)
- Russian (Russia)
- Spanish (Spain, International Sort)
- Windows 10 Professional
Internet Explorer software and plugins
- Internet Explorer 11
- Adobe Reader DC (with spelling dictionaries support & extended Asian language font pack)
- VLC Media Player
- Flash Player
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016: Word, Excel, Access, OneNote, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Antidote (bilingual) - VL-1 and LB-3 only
- Google Chrome
- Wolfram Mathematica*
- IBM SPSS 24*
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Google Earth (not available on library laptops)
* If you are planning on using Wolfram Mathematica or SPSS on a library laptop, please know that these programs will only work while you are connected to Concordia's wifi network. This is due to licensing agreements.
The following software applications are available on computer workstations at Vanier Library (VL-122 and VL-2) and Webster Library (LB-345, LB-385 and LB-545).
- iZoom Low Vision Screen Magnifier
- JAWS (Job Access with Speech) Screen Reader
- ClaroRead Plus for text-to-speech and writing help
Software at scanner workstations
Computers at the scanner workstations at the Webster Library (W-225-227) and Vanier Library (V-105, V-211) have additional software. These workstations may be booked in advance. Software available:
- Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
- Adobe PhotoShop CC
- Epson Scan
Specialized viewers and plugins
- Beyond 20/20 Professional Browser
- Accord SDK Runtime
- Shockwave Player
ArcGIS, the widely used Geographic Information System (GIS), is available on workstations W260-001 and W260-003 at the Webster Library on the 2nd floor.
The latest CD editions of the ASHRAE Handbooks are installed on W260-004 at the Webster Library on the 2nd floor.
Help with Microsoft Office
Below are books in the library that can help with using Microsoft Office:
- Melton, Beth, [et al.] (2013). Microsoft Office Professional 2013. Step by step series. Sebastopol, Calif.: O’Reilly Media.
- Balter, Alison (2013). Access 2013: absolute beginner's guide. Indianapolis, IN.: Que Pub.
- Johnson, Steve (2013). Access 2013 on demand. On demand series. Indianapolis, IN.: Que Pub.
- MacDonald, Matthew (2013). Access 2013: the missing manual. Missing manual series. Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly.
- Frye, Curtis (2013). Microsoft Excel 2013. Step by step series. Sebastopol, Calif.: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
- Cox, Joyce, & Lambert, Joan (2013). Microsoft PowerPoint 2013: step by step. Step by step series. Redmond, Wash.: Microsoft Press.
- Wright, Alan, & Roth, Chris (2014). Visio 2013 absolute beginner's guide. Absolute Beginner’s guide series. Indianapolis, IN.: Que.
- Helmers, Scott A. (2013). Microsoft Visio 2013 step by step. Step by step series. Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly Media.