On this page
Loan periods and number of items
For: Graduate students, faculty, administrative staff, external faculty in a joint program and members of the board of governors
May borrow a maximum of 100 items with the following exception:
- Only one laptop or tablet can be borrowed at a time.
|Type of material||Loan period||Renewals||Potential total length of loan*|
||120 days (subject to recall)||Unlimited renewals of 120 days each||480 days|
|Tablets||3 days||No renewals|
|Laptops||8 hours (and overnight if at the end of day) and 3 days||No renewals|
|Course-specific reserve material||Short loan periods (e.g. 3 hours, 1 day)||No renewals|
|Video recordings||3 days||3 renewals of 3 days each||12 days|
|Audio recordings||21 days (subject to recall after 14 days)||3 renewals of 21 days each||84 days|
|Technology Sandbox items||3 days, 7 days and 14 days depending on the item||No renewals|
*If not requested by another user
Journal articles can be scanned and emailed to you; bound volumes and microfilms can also be transferred between campuses – please see our Article Delivery Service; special arrangements for photocopying journals outside the library can also be made via this service.
Borrowing policies & procedures
- A valid Concordia ID card is required for borrowing.
- All users must have an active (non-expired) library account. In cases where the usual loan period would exceed the user’s expiry date, the loan will be due back on the expiry date.
- Most circulating material can be borrowed at the Circulation Desk or at a self-checkout machine.
- Borrowed items (except for reserve material and laptops/tablets) can be renewed in your My Library Account (see the self-renewals page for more information and instructions) unless requested by another user; accumulated charges of $5.00 or more ($20.00 for faculty) will result in the user being blocked from renewals until such charges are resolved.
- All loans are subject to immediate recall if needed for reserves, or after 14 days, i.e. the Library can ask the current borrower to return a Library item prior to the end of the initial loan period. Undergraduate students will be given 4 days to return a recalled item; graduate students and faculty will be given 10 days.
- You can request an item that is currently not available for borrowing (e.g. out to another user, new acquisitions that are not on the shelf yet, etc.). The maximum number of requests for undergraduate and graduate students at one time is ten (10). For faculty it is thirty (30).
- Loan periods will be reduced for items with multiple requests (holds).
- Overdue items are subject to fines.
- You will receive email reminders when your items are due or when someone else has requested it. To verify which email address the Library is using check My Library Account.
- Material borrowed from the Vanier or Webster Library can be returned at either library (except reserves material and laptops/tablets, which must be returned directly to the same Desk from which they were borrowed).
- Renewals are not accepted by e-mail or telephone.
- Borrowers may obtain information about their own circulation record at a Circulation Desk or online in the library catalogue, under My Library Account.