On this page
Loan periods and number of items
For: Undergraduate students, external undergraduates in joint programs, and support staff
May borrow a maximum of 30 items.
- Only one laptop or tablet can be borrowed at a time.
- Checkout limits may also apply to reserve materials.
|Type of material||Loan period||Renewals||Potential total length of loan*|
||21 days (subject to recall)||Unlimited renewals of 21 days each||126 days|
|Tablets||3 days||No renewals|
|Laptops||8 hours (and overnight if at the end of day) and 3 days||No renewals|
|Course-specific reserve material||Short loan periods (e.g. 3 hours, 1 day)||No renewals|
|Video recordings||3 days||3 renewals of 3 days each||12 days|
|Technology Sandbox items||3 days, 7 days and 14 days depending on the item||No renewals|
*If not requested by another user
Journal articles can be scanned and emailed to you; bound volumes and microfilms can also be transferred between campuses – please see our Article Delivery Service for more information and to submit a request.
Borrowing policies & procedures
- A valid Concordia ID card is required for borrowing.
- All users must have an active (non-expired) library account. In cases where the usual loan period would exceed the user’s expiry date, the loan will be due back on the expiry date.
- Most circulating material can be borrowed at the Circulation Desk or at a self-checkout machine.
- Borrowed items (except for reserve material and laptops/tablets) can be renewed in your My Library Account (see the self-renewals page for more information and instructions) unless requested by another user; accumulated charges of $5.00 or more ($20.00 for faculty) will result in the user being blocked from renewals until such charges are resolved.
- All loans are subject to immediate recall if needed for reserves, or after 14 days, i.e. the Library can ask the current borrower to return a Library item prior to the end of the initial loan period. Undergraduate students will be given 4 days to return a recalled item; graduate students and faculty will be given 10 days.
- You can request an item that is currently not available for borrowing (e.g. out to another user, new acquisitions that are not on the shelf yet, etc.); maximum number of requested items is 10.
- Loan periods will be reduced for items with multiple requests (holds).
- Overdue items are subject to fines.
- You will receive email reminders when your items are due or when someone else has requested it. To verify which email address the Library is using check My Library Account.
- Material borrowed from the Vanier or Webster Library can be returned at either library (except reserves material and laptops/tablets, which must be returned directly to the same Desk from which they were borrowed).
- Renewals are not accepted by e-mail or telephone.
- Borrowers may obtain information about their own circulation record at a Circulation Desk or online in the library catalogue, under My Library Account.