1. Confessions, Truth, Anxiety and Resolution: The Experience of 18 Years of HIV Pre-/Post-Test Counselling, Diagnosing and Follow-up
2. Outreach Nurse Specializing in Hepatitis C
Nota: Ces livres vivants parlent français aussi. Lisez ses descriptions en français.
Behind every request for an HIV test lies a person with a story, a reason, questions, fears and so much more. From the complexities of human sexuality to the dynamics of fear, guilt, secrecy and desire, the education that comes with a long career in HIV-test counselling is never-ending and always fascinating.
I'm an outreach nurse working with at-risk populations in Montreal. I can talk about...
- An outreach nurse's role
- The different types of infections that I screen for
- The different places in Montreal where I do outreach
- The Hepatitis C epidemic in Montreal
- The best approach to have when working with marginalized clients
- The principle of harm reduction
- Counselling when there is a positive test result
- The big importance of working with a multidisciplinary team
These Human Books will be at the library from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. You can book a half-hour timeslot in advance to ensure availability by e-mailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 514-848-2424 ext. 7766.