Entrepreneurship - Business Research Guide
Guides to Starting a Business
- Search CLUES for books in the library on entrepreneurship, small business, and business planning, example:
try a keyword search using "business planning".
- Business plans handbook (online book series): a compilation of actual business plans developed by small businesses throughout North America. All volumes can be accessed online.
The most current volumes are: vol. 11, vol. 12,
- Business Plans and Profiles Index(http://www.carnegielibrary.org/research/business/bplansindex.html): A site of the Carnegie Library of Pittsburg. This site lists sample business plans by topic, many available online. See above when the site points to the Business Plans Handbook.
- Business plan workbook: the definitive guide to researching, writing up and presenting a winning plan (Online book, click on "Connect to MyiLibrary resource")
- Info entrepreneurs: part of the Canada Business Network, this organization helps businesses in Montreal and surrounding regions and provides many helpful guides on its website for small and medium sized businesses, including guides for start-ups.
- Services Québec (http://www.entreprises.gouv.qc.ca): Quebec government site providing information on all aspects of starting a business in Quebec; French language.
- Montreal entrepreneur's guidebook (book: held at the Webster Library Reference Desk): this guidebook deals with all aspects of starting a business, including writing a business plan. Also provides a list of services for small businesses in Montreal.
- The Canadian small business survival guide : how to start and operate your own successful business (Online book, click on "View this document at Canadian Publishers Collection").
Industry Canada - Resources for Businesses (http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ic1.nsf/eng/h_00140.html)
- Canada Business - Starting a Business (http://www.canadabusiness.ca/eng/125/)
- Registraire des entreprises Québec: "The enterprise registrar maintains a public register to record, process, store and distribute the principal information concerning the identity of associations and enterprises incorporated or in operation in Québec."
- Fondation de l'entrepreneurship: non-profit organization concerned with entrepreneurship in Québec. Membership organization with links to services like mentoring and publications (many for sale). Also provides data on entrepreneurs in Québec (see "Vigie et Recherche").
page last updated on: Friday 17 May 2013