Marketing - Library Sources
Online Sources of Research & News Articles
The following can be used to identify articles published in academic journals, trade publications, newsletters, magazines or newspapers.
Article Indexes -- US & International
- Business Source Complete: Provides full-text to more than 1,650 scholarly business journals including market research reports and company reports from Datamonitor, as well as fulltext access to a collection of books. This database offers information in nearly every area of business including management, marketing, economics, finance, accounting, international business, and more.
- ProQuest Business Databases: This is a grouping of databases. When searching this database you are actually searching all the ABI/Inform databases listed below as well as CBCA Complete and Canadian Newsstand (see descriptions below). Also searches ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Fulltext.
- ABI/ Inform Global and Trade & Industry: Indexes and abstracts both scholarly and trade journals covering all aspects of business management, accounting, finance, marketing, decision sciences and many areas of economics as well as trade and industry, with extensive access to fulltext.
- ABI/Inform Dateline: This database contains complete articles from hundreds of local and regional business publications of North America. These provide news, analysis and business information not typically found in national news sources.
- ProQuest Asian Business: This database covers Asian business and financial information from key international publications including Far Eastern Economic Review, Asiaweek, and many more.
- ProQuest European Business: This database provides access to the latest European business and financial information from journals and business magazines such as The Economist, Fortune, European Business Journal, and many more.
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses - Full Text: Citations with abstracts to over two million doctoral dissertations and masters theses published since 1861. More than 600,000 titles are available in native or image PDF formats for immediate viewing.
- PsychInfo: Major index/abstract for the field of psychology; includes consumer behavior topics. It contains more than 2 million citations and summaries of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, technical reports and dissertations.
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI): This database, produced by Behavioral Measurement Database Services, is a comprehensive bibliographic database (there is no fulltext) providing information about behavioural measurement instruments. Information in the database is abstracted from hundreds of leading journals covering health sciences and psychosocial sciences.
- Communication Abstracts: Indexes and abstracts journal articles, books, book chapers and reports in the field of communication studies.
- Communication and Mass Media Complete: Indexes over 400 journals in communication studies and includes the full-text for 200 journals.
- Web of Science: includes the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI). These citation indexes allow for the identification of the number of times a particular work or author is cited in the literature.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO): This academic multi-disciplinary database contains extensive full text content of scholarly journals and some consumer magazines.
- Factiva.com: Searches 500 newswires (Reuters, Associated Press), broadcase transcripts (BBC, NPR, CNN, etc.), magazines, and corporate and business information sources for a total of approximately 9000 sources. The Gazeete, The Globe & Mail, The New York Times and many more are accessible full text on this database.
Article Indexes -- Canada & Quebec
- CBCA Complete: Includes CBCA Business which indexes over 450 Canadian business periodicals, many with fulltext, including trade journals, general business publications, academic journals, topical journals, and professional publications.
- Canadian Newsstand: Provides full text of Canadian newspapers (without tables or images). 1985 onward.
- Eureka.cc: Full text access to La Presse, Le Devoir, Le Soleil, Le Droit, Voir & L'Actualite.
- CPI.Q: Canadian Periodical Index. Indexes approximately 80 business publications.
- Factiva.com: Includes The Globe & Mail and The Gazette (Montreal), full text (see description above).
- Repere: Repere is a multidisciplinary index of articles published in 270 French-language periodicals, of which 195 are from Canadian sources. Partley indexes Les Affaires.
page last updated on: Monday 3 June 2013