Library media collection
Media items in various formats are purchased to support teaching and research needs. The collection includes videos, music, software, sound recordings, kits and slides.
- Video collection
- More than 5,600 films on DVD and VHS available
- An extensive collection of video art is part of the collection
- Videos can be borrowed for 3 days (unless they are on reserve)
- Most videos can be booked in advance for classroom use
- Some material is on older formats such as videodisk, U-matic and beta videotape
- Equipment is available for watching videos in all formats
- The Vanier Library viewing room can be booked for group showings
- Consult a list of our new videos and DVDs
- Music collection
- More than 16,000 titles on formats such as CD, vinyl, audio cassettes and scores available at the Vanier Library
- Most musical sound recordings can be borrowed for 2 weeks
- Curriculum lab
- More than 6,000 items including board books, early readers, children's fiction and non-fiction books, activities, multi-media kits, manipulatives, educational games and videos
- Located in the Webster Library 3rd floor
- Offers a wide array of materials appropriate for pre-service teachers to develop curriculum and lesson plans in the areas of preschool education through to elementary school education
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) materials are available in the areas of elementary education, high school, and adult education
Lending media materials and booking videos for class showings - Circulation Desk
|Borrowing media materials|
|MATERIAL||USER TYPE||LOAN PERIOD|
|Films and videos (includes DVDs)||Concordia students, faculty, staff||3 days|
|Sound recordings (includes audio CDs, vinyl records, audio cassettes)||Concordia students, faculty, staff||2 weeks|
|Most other media (includes software, scores, slides, kits)||Concordia undergraduate students||2 weeks|
|Concordia graduate students||6 weeks|
|Concordia faculty||3 months|
For more information on borrowing media materials, see the Library Loans Policy.
Most media material can be renewed and requested online using My Library Account.
For information on fines, see the Policy on Overdue and Lost Material.
Suggestions for purchase
Contact your Subject Librarian to recommend the purchase of media materials.