Library Information for Members of the Board of Governors
On this page
Members of the Concordia University Board of Governors representing the external community are entitled to all library privileges granted to Faculty members of Concordia University. The Library Privilege Card will be issued to each member by the library administration office with an expiration date according to their end of term. Access to library resources, both in print and online, are made available for private study and research only.
|Type of material||Loan period||Renewals||Potential total length of loan*|
|Books||120 days (subject to recall after 14 days)||3 renewals of 120 days each||480 days|
|Video recordings||3 days||3 renewals of 3 days each||12 days|
|Audio recordings||14 days||3 renewals of 21 days each||84 days|
|Other media material (CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, diskettes, games, filmstrips, scores, realia, slides, kits)||120 days (subject to recall after 14 days)||3 renewals of 120 days each||480 days|
|Laptops||6 hours||No renewals|
|Tablets (iPads)||3 days||No renewals|
|Course material||short loan periods (e.g. 3 hours, 1 day)||No renewals|
*If not requested by another user and if renewed the maximum number of times
Periodical articles can be scanned and emailed to you; bound volumes and microfilms can also be transferred between campuses – please see our Article Delivery Service; special arrangements for photocopying periodicals outside the library can also be made via this service.
- To borrow items from the library a valid personal identification must be provided together with the Library Privilege Card
- All users must have an active (non-expired) library account. In cases where the usual loan period would exceed the user’s expiry date, the loan will be due back on the expiry date.
- Maximum number of borrowed items is 100
- Most circulating material can be borrowed at the Circulation Desk or at a self-checkout machine.
- Borrowed items can be renewed unless requested by another person (except for reserves material, bound periodicals and laptops)
- An item currently not available for borrowing can be requested (e.g. out to another user, new acquisitions that are not on the shelf yet, etc.)
- Maximum number of requested items is 10
- Loan periods will be reduced for items with multiple requests (holds)
- Overdue items are subject to fines
- The Library will send email reminders when your items are due or when someone else has requested it
- Material borrowed from the Vanier or Webster Library can be returned at either library (except reserves material, which must be returned directly to the same Desk from which it was borrowed)
- Borrowed items can be renewed in your personal MyCLUES account (see the CLUES self-renewals page for more information and instructions)
- Renewals are not accepted by e-mail or telephone
Reference & research assistance
Reference & Research Assistance is offered on a priority basis to Concordia's primary constituency, that is, currently enrolled Concordia University students, faculty and staff. Reference assistance is provided to other users as time permits.
Access to Computers, Printers and Photocopiers
For information on computer guest accounts, printing, and photocopying, please see External Community Access to Library Workstations.
Members of the Board of Governors can access Concordia Libraries’ licensed electronic resources from home providing their account with the Libraries is not expired. Access to library resources, both in print and online, are made available for private study and research only. More information about connecting from home.
For Québec residents, the Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec offers free access to an array of online resources (free subscription required) .
You can also search for Open Access content that is freely available online.