Borrowing and renewing for graduate students
Loan periods and number of items
Graduate students may borrow a maximum of 60 items with the following exceptions:
|Type of material
||Potential total length of loan*
- Media material other than audio/video recordings
|42 days (subject to recall after 14 days)
||3 renewals of 42 days each
||6 hours and overnight if at the end of day
||short loan pediods (e.g. 3 hours, 1 day)
||3 renewals of 3 days each
||21 days (subject to recall after 14 days)
||3 renewals of 21 days each
|Periodicals (bound volumes and microforms)
*If not requested by another user and if renewed the maximum number of times
- A valid Concordia ID card is required for borrowing.
- Most circulating material can be borrowed at the Circulation Desk or at a self-checkout machine (you will need a Library PIN).
- Borrowed items (except for reserves material and laptops/tablets) can be renewed in your MyCLUES account (see the CLUES self-renewals page for more information and instructions) unless requested by another user; accumulated charges of $5.00 or more will result in the user being blocked from renewals until such charges are resolved.
- All Library material on loan to a user is subject to recall after fourteen (14) days, i.e. the Library can ask the current borrower to return a Library item prior to the end of a loan period exceeding 14 days. The borrower will be given 10 days to return a recalled item.
- You can request an item that is currently not available for borrowing (e.g. out to another user, new acquisitions that are not on the shelf yet, etc.); maximum number of requested items is 10.
- Loan periods will be reduced for items with multiple requests (holds).
- Overdue items are subject to fines.
- You will receive email reminders when your items are due or when someone else has requested it. To verify which email address the Library is using check MyCLUES.
- Material borrowed from the Vanier or Webster Library can be returned at either library (except reserves material, which must be returned directly to the same Desk from which it was borrowed).
- Renewals are not accepted by e-mail or telephone.
- Borrowers may obtain information about their own circulation record at a Circulation Desk or online in CLUES, the library catalogue, under MyCLUES.
page last updated on: Wednesday 7 November 2012