Wikipedian in residence program
On this page
As part of the residency, Concordia Library will provide:
- Supervision to the Wikipedian in residence
- A workspace with computing equipment
- Access to Library resources, print and electronic collections, and technological infrastructure
- Teaching and learning spaces for conducting face-to-face instructional sessions with small and larger groups
- Opportunities to interact with Concordia Library staff
- Be available to commit 6-8 hours per week to the residency. On-site attendance is expected for the majority of the residency.
- Facilitate partnership between the Wikimedia community and Concordia University.
- Build capacity for Concordia University to work with Wikimedia on projects.
- Promote understanding of Wikipedia, the Wikimedia commons, Wikidata, and the open movement among the Concordia community (students, faculty and staff, including library personnel) through workshops and events.
- Assist instructors and librarians wishing to integrate Wikipedia into their teaching and learning activities.
- Coordinate events, such as edit-a-thons, that bring Wikipedians on-site to work with staff on content creation and improvement.
Updated: Thursday 14 May 2020