Library Study Space Booking
On this page
The Library is providing current students with access to study space in both Webster and Vanier libraries. Study space must be reserved in advance. Seating is limited at this time to 150 at Webster Library and 50 at Vanier Library.
Library study space booking is intended as an emergency service for those without the conditions for silent study at home. Only seating for individual study and exams is available. There is no access to the Technology Sandbox, the collections, or computer workstations (see Desktop as a Service). No group work is permitted. Electrical outlets are available at all seats, please bring your own device.
Booking a study spaceBook a library study space
- You are required to reserve your space in advance using an online booking system and present your Concordia ID and booking confirmation email to a security agent.
- To be authorized to book a seat, you must first complete the mandatory training COVID-19 Safety Training. You only need to do this once. After completing the training, you will be able to access the Library booking system the following day. Thereafter you will be able to book anytime.
- Study spaces can be reserved for a full day. You may arrive, depart and re-enter the library at any time the day of your reservation.
- Given the curfew, the reading rooms will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, until February 8.
- Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance, and on the same day of the reservation until 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- There is a maximum of 7 reservations in a 7-day period.
- If you no longer require a study space, you can cancel your reservation by using the link provided in the confirmation email.
- Webster seating is currently limited to 150 seats, in one of 4 reading rooms on LB-2.
- Vanier Library seating is currently limited to 50 seats on VL-1.
- For reservations at Webster Library, select your reading room when you make the reservation.
- When you arrive at the Library, you must go to the room specified in your reservation. You may choose a seat, but you may not change seats or move the chairs.
Food, drink, and washrooms
- The public washrooms are available.
- Water fountains are not functional, please bring your own water bottle.
- Except for water bottles, food and drink are not permitted.
Health & safety information
- Face coverings are mandatory everywhere in the Library, even when seated.
- Public Health signage and traffic flow signs are posted.
- Seating configurations are arranged 2 metres apart.
- Study spaces are sanitized between reservation blocks.
- Supplies are provided to clean your space before and after use.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at the entrance and exit of the Library.
- For COVID-19 contact tracing purposes, you are required to verify/update the phone number you provided to the University at https://campus.concordia.ca > Personal Information > Phone Numbers.