On this page
FAQ for self-renewals
Concordia undergraduate and graduate students, faculty (including Retired and Visiting faculty), librarians and staff in good standing may renew items themselves through the library catalogue. Concordia students must be currently registered and staff/faculty members must be employees of Concordia University.
Self-renewals can also be made by persons who hold a valid BCI or OCUL card or an Extramural Borrower's Library Privilege Card.
You don't need to come into the library to renew checked out material. Follow these basic steps:
- Access My Library Account
- Login with your Concordia netname and password OR enter your name, barcode and Library PIN
- Click on the "Renew All" button to renew all of the items you have borrowed OR select only those items you want to renew by checking the box next to the relevant item and click on the "Renew Selected Items" button
Note: If all your checked out items are automatically renewed after you have signed into your My Library Account (without you selecting anything or clicking update selected button), you are most likely using a bookmark with these specific preferences. Try logging in from My Library Account on the Library Catalogue home page.
Please note that a number of different conditions will prevent items from being renewed, for instance:
- the item cannot be renewed (for instance, a Reserve item)
- another borrower has placed a request on the item
- your circulation record has expired
- you have an outstanding fine of $5 or more ($20 for faculty)
Inability to renew an item via the self-renewal process does not waive the Libraries' right to apply fines.
Items can be renewed at any time during the loan period. Users should keep in mind, however, that items can only be renewed a limited number of times.
For detailed information on borrowing, including the number of renewals, please check our Borrowing and Renewing page for your specific user group.
Self-renewals are accepted for most types of materials that can be checked out, except for:
- Reserve material
- Laptops and tablets
- Items on which another patron has placed a HOLD.