Borrow Technology Sandbox items
On this page
- Borrowing Technology Sandbox items
What can I borrow from the Technology Sandbox and for how long?
Technology Sandbox items available for loan and their loan periods:
|Technology Sandbox item||Quantity available||Loan period|
|360 Camera||2||3 days|
|DSLR Camera||2||3 days|
|Light kit||1||3 days|
|Green screen||1||7 days|
|Android Tablet||5||3 days|
|Graphics Tablet with Stylus||2||3 days|
|Little Bits Synth Kit||2||7 days|
|Microphone (USB)||2||7 days|
|Arduino Uno Kit||15||14 days|
|Raspberry Pi Kit||10||14 days|
|Sensor pack||2||14 days|
|XBEE Wireless||2||14 days|
|Lego Mindstorms Kit||2||7 days|
|Motor Pack Kit||1||14 days|
|Kinect Set||2||3 days|
|Gaming laptop||5||3 days|
|Playstation VR||1||3 days|
|Video games||15 and growing||3 days|
Note: there are no renewals for Technology Sandbox items.
When, where and how can I borrow Technology Sandbox items?
Technology Sandbox items are available during service hours.
Steps to borrowing an item (except Video games - see below):
- If you need more information about the Technology Sandbox items and what they do, you may want to start off by visiting the Technology Sandbox and speak to the person on duty.
- Once you know what you want, visit the Webster Library Loans & Returns Desk and ask to borrow the card for the item you are interested in. Each Technology Sandbox item will have its own card. Once checked out, you will receive an email with the due date for the item. For loan periods see What can I borrow from the Technology Sandbox and for how long?
- Take the card you borrowed from the Webster Library Loans & Returns Desk to the Technology Sandbox and exchange it for the actual item.
Steps to returning an item (except Video games - see below):
- Return all Technology Sandbox items to the Technology Sandbox.
- Once staff verify that an item is complete and in operating condition, they will give you the associated card.
- The card must be returned to the Webster Library Loans & Returns Desk to complete the return of the loan.
Items must be returned to the Technology Sandbox during their service hours.
Steps to borrowing a Video game:
- You can search for Video games in the Library Catalogue or the Discovery Search. Both options allow you to limit by "Video Game" format in Advanced Search or you can limit results in the Discovery Search by format.
- Video games are held behind the Webster Library Loans & Returns Desk. Provide the call number for the video game you want to check-out so the item can be retrieved for you.
- The video game will be checked-out to you at the Desk.
- You can return games to the Loans Desk during opening hours or at one of the book drops.
Who can borrow?
Technology Sandbox items are available for loan by current Concordia University students, undergraduate and graduate, faculty and staff.
Who is responsible for damage or theft?
The person who checked out a Technology Sandbox item is responsible for returning it in good condition. In case of damage, theft or lost, the user will be charged the cost of repair or replacement. Do not under any circumstances leave the item unattended.
If a Technology Sandbox item or its peripherals are not returned, damaged, or if parts are missing, sanctions will be applied in accordance with the Libraries' Policy on Overdue and Lost Material:
- your library borrowing privileges will be suspended
- you will be charged for the full replacement cost of the item
- you will be subject to the Concordia University policy on payment of tuition and other fees.
How do I get help?
Staff in the Technology Sandbox will be able to answer questions regarding the use of items. Visit the Technology Sandbox during service hours.