On this page
- Loan periods and number of items
- Borrowing policies & procedures
- Concordia students in joint programs
- Borrow from other libraries
Loan periods and number of items
For: Undergraduate students, external undergraduates in joint programs, and support staff
May borrow a maximum of 30 items.
- Only one laptop or tablet can be borrowed at a time.
- Checkout limits may also apply to reserve materials.
|Type of material||Loan period||Renewals||Potential total length of loan*|
||21 days (subject to recall)||Unlimited renewals of 21 days each||126 days|
|Tablets||3 days||No renewals|
|Laptops||1 day||No renewals|
|Course-specific reserve material||Short loan periods (e.g. 3 hours, 1 day)||No renewals|
|Video recordings||3 days||3 renewals of 3 days each||12 days|
|Technology Sandbox items||3 days, 7 days and 14 days depending on the item||No renewals|
*If not requested by another user
Journal articles can be scanned and emailed to you; bound volumes and microfilms can also be transferred between campuses – please see our Article Delivery Service for more information and to submit a request.
- A valid Concordia ID card is required for borrowing.
- All users must have an active (non-expired) library account. In cases where the usual loan period would exceed the user’s expiry date, the loan will be due back on the expiry date.
- Most circulating material can be borrowed at the Circulation Desk or at a self-checkout machine.
- Borrowed items (except for reserve material and laptops/tablets) can be renewed in your My Library Account (see the self-renewals page for more information and instructions) unless requested by another user; accumulated charges of $5.00 or more ($20.00 for faculty) will result in the user being blocked from renewals until such charges are resolved.
- All loans are subject to immediate recall if needed for reserves, or after 14 days, i.e. the Library can ask the current borrower to return a Library item prior to the end of the initial loan period. Undergraduate students will be given 4 days to return a recalled item; graduate students and faculty will be given 10 days.
- You can request an item that is currently not available for borrowing (e.g. out to another user, new acquisitions that are not on the shelf yet, etc.). The maximum number of requests for undergraduate and graduate students at one time is ten (10). For faculty it is thirty (30).
- Loan periods will be reduced for items with multiple requests (holds).
- Overdue items are subject to fines.
- You will receive email reminders when your items are due or when someone else has requested it. To verify which email address the Library is using check My Library Account.
- Material borrowed from the Vanier or Webster Library can be returned at either library (except reserves material and laptops/tablets, which must be returned directly to the same Desk from which they were borrowed).
- Renewals are not accepted by e-mail or telephone.
- Borrowers may obtain information about their own circulation record at a Circulation Desk or online in the library catalogue, under My Library Account.
Concordia students in joint programs
Undergraduate or graduate students whose home institution is Concordia University, but who are registered in a joint program included in BCI's list of programs offered in partnership with Quebec universities, are entitled to extended privileges at institutions participating in the joint programs. In order to be eligible for these privileges, students must obtain an Introduction card for joint programs either by extension, association or cooperation from Concordia Libraries. In order to do this, a student must go to the Circulation Desk at either Webster or Vanier Library and ask for this card. Users will be asked to present a valid ID card from Concordia University and their name must appear on the Library's current list of students enrolled in joint programs.
When visiting the participating joint program institution's library, students will be required to show the Introduction card for joint programs as well as their Concordia ID card.