Library Research Forum
On this page
- Past Forums
- Concordia Librarians' professional and research interests
- Brown Bag Lunch Series
- Concordia Library Speaker Series
About the Research Forum
Since 2002, Concordia's Library Research Forum has provided librarians, archivists, graduate students, teaching faculty, and information professionals with an opportunity to describe and promote their completed or in-progress research, practical case studies or projects. The Forum also provides a venue for researchers to seek suggestions for enhancing their research interests, to identify potential new partners for projects, to test the effectiveness of their undertakings, and to promote research in academic libraries.
Save-the-date! The 17th Annual Research Forum will take place on Friday, April 26, 2019 at the Loyola Jesuit Hall and Conference Centre, Loyola Campus, Concordia University.
Call for Proposals
Proposals are invited for presentations or posters on research or a case study in any area of Library and Information Science including but not limited to accessibility integration; assessment and impact; digital library technologies; literacy instruction; library space and design; publishing and scholarly communication; research data management; social media; new library technologies; and library history. See previous years' programmes for inspiration.
- Presentations and posters may be in English or French.
- At least one of the presenters of the poster or presentation should be the primary researcher involved with the original project.
- Presentations should be 20 minutes, followed by a question period.
- Presenters are responsible for preparing their own handouts or other display materials. A laptop, projector and screen will be provided.
- Posters may also be submitted. These will be on view for the entire day. Poster presenters will have an opportunity to describe their posters during the day.
- Poster presenters are responsible for printing their own poster and any other materials. A poster board (corkboard) that is raised off the ground and is approximately 4ft high (120cm) and 5ft long (150cm), and pins will be provided.
- Submission deadline: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 11 a.m.
- Proposals will be peer-reviewed by the Research Forum Steering Committee
To submit a proposal, please click here
Location and Directions
The 17th Annual Research Forum will be held at the Loyola Jesuit Hall and Conference Centre, located on Concordia’s Loyola Campus in west-end Montreal.
Concordia’s Loyola campus: 7141 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal H4B 2B9
The Conference Centre is "RF" and can be reached via the main Administration Building, "AD". View AD and RF building location details on our campus map.
Getting to Loyola campus
Universite Concordia/Campus Loyola bus stop (53806) is on Sherbrooke Street West in front of the AD building.
Chair, 2019 Research Forum Steering Committee
2019 Research Forum Steering Committee members:
Dr. Guylaine Beaudry, Vice-Provost, Digital Strategy & University Librarian
Joshua Chalifour, Digital Scholarship Librarian
John Latour, Teaching & Research Librarian – Fine Arts