- Access is restricted to Concordia users
ARTstor Image database: Includes high resolution images of art covering a wide range of media and time periods. Browse by collection, classification or geography.
- Double click to see enlarged images.
- Set up an account with either basic or instructor privileges.
- Organize images: Login to organize your images and add personal notes.
Academic Search Complete (EBSCO): Multidisciplinary database, including magazines and journals.
- From the Advanced Search screen, choose to limit results to images, such as maps, illustrations, black and white photographs, etc.
CPI.Q (Canadian Periodical Index): CPI.Q provides coverage of all subject areas with an emphasis on Canadian issues.
- From the Advanced Search screen, choose to limit "to document with images."
Early English Books Online (EEBO): EEBO provides digital access to the full-text and full-images of printed books from 1475 - 1700.
- In the Advanced Search, limit by illustration type, such as portrait, coat or arms, or illustrations.
Factiva: Offers access to the full-text of international newspapers.
- Click on "All Publications" to remove this default.
- Click on Source and select "All Source." From the drop-down menu, select "All Pictures."
Gale Virtual Reference Library: A searchable collection of reference e-books, which provides access to the fulltext of major subject encyclopedias.
- In the Advanced Search, limit results "to documents with images."
JSTOR: Multidisciplinary database includes full-text scholarly journals.
- From the results list, limit either to the tab "Images in JSTOR" or "Images in ARTstor."
- New York Times on ProQuest Historical Newspapers: full-page-images and article images from the New York Times from its first issue in 1851 to two to three years before the current date.
Oxford Art Online: includes art reference titles, such as the Oxford Companion to Western Art and Grove Art Online.
- Choose to "Search for images only."
Times Digital Archive: The Times Digital Archive is a full-image online archive of every page published by The Times [London] from 1785-1985.
- Limit a search to the "Picture Gallery."
- 3DShap.es: Find 3D printable designs by uploading a model to shape-search with, or choose one of the models from the database.
- CCSearch beta: Creative Commons licensed images from Rijksmuseum, Flickr, 500px, the New York Public Library, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Creative Commons Images: Search for creative commons licensed images and media from a variety of websites.
- Flickr: Flickr is a searchable image database which allows users to view or upload images and tag images of interest.
- Google Images: Use the advanced search to limit by image size, file type and domain.
- Images from the History of Medicine: Access to nearly 70,000 images from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- morgueFile: Free high resolution stock photos.
- Pexels: Over 10,000 free stock photos licensed under the Creative Commons Zero (CCO) license (allows you to modify, copy and distribute the photos).
- Photos for Class: Creative Commons photos for educational purposes. Downloaded images automatically cite the author and the image license terms.
- Pics4Learning: Free, copyright-friendly images for education.
- PicSearch: Web crawler and image directory, which filters images for family friendliness.
- Pixabay: Search over 300,000 free photos, illustrations, and vector graphics.
- TinEye Labs MulticolorEngine: Search 20 million Creative Commons images from Flickr by color.
- Unsplash: Free (Creative Commons Zero) high-resolution photos..
- Yahoo! Search - Images: Use the Advanced Search to limit by size, domain, and coloration.