Information for borrowing institutions
On this page
All requests should be directed to the Webster Library (QMG), including those for material that is located at the Vanier Library. Please consult our ILL Lending policy.
Concordia Libraries, along with other Québec university libraries (BCI) is using the Fretwell-Downing VDX system. The BCI application is called COLOMBO. This change affects ALL E-Mail addresses used to submit requests and follow-up on ILL transactions: other contact data like telephone, fax, Ariel, delivery addresses, are unchanged.
Requests to Concordia should be done as follows:
- Generic script requests - use this E-Mail
ISO "version 2"
requests (this excludes AVISO and PEB-UQ systems) - Please contact the
COLOMBO system administrator to make sure
that ISO testing with your system has been completed
before submitting requests: email@example.com
- Libraries without an ILL Management System
or Amicus access: Use the
ILL Request Form
Québec university libraries. For more information about this method, go to http://www.uquebec.ca/colombo/form/ILL_Request_Info.htm.
*Important note for libraries without an ILL management system:
Your library location must be in the COLOMBO database before submitting a request.
If you do NOT yet have a Library and Archives Canada symbol,
- Other systems: We accept OCLC requests via OCLC
Concordia Libraries Interlibrary Loans contact information
Library Name: Concordia University, Webster Library
Address: Interlibrary Loans/LB-331, 1455 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal, Québec, Canada H3G 1M8
Telephone: 514-848-2424 ext.7713
General correspondence e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT use this E-Mail to send ILL requests.
Canadian Library Symbol: QMG
WHO Code: CNC
OCLC Symbol: CDN
- Monographs/Theses/GovtLL. Doc - Three (3) weeks from date of receipt. No renewal.
- Map collection/Reserves Material - Not available for ILL.
- Current issues and bound volumes of periodicals - Photocopies of articles supplied.
- Back issues of periodicals and newspapers on microform: issues ten or more years old - One (1) week from date of receipt. No renewal.
- Media materials ( including videos/films/curriculum lab materials)/Special collections/Reference collections - Loaned at the discretion of the Unit (generally for 3 calendar days and courier delivery).
Billing for the Lending service is issued once a year on June 1 for all Canadian locations. United States and international requests are billed immediately. Payments can be made in equivalent U.S. funds or IFLA vouchers.
BCI libraries are not charged for loans or photocopies.
Libraries covered by the OCUL/COPPUL/CBUA-CAUL/BCI Resource Sharing Agreement are not charged for loans. They are charged $5.00 per request for article copies.
Other Canadian non-profit libraries and institutions are charged as follows (as of January 1, 2011):
Books: $25.00 per loan
Photocopies: $25.00 per article
Other Canadian for-profit libraries and institutions as well as libraries and institutions outside of Canada are charged as follows (as of January 1, 2011):
Books: $35.00 or 3.5 IFLA vouchers per loan
Photocopies: $35.00 or 3.5 IFLA vouchers per article