On this page
Login to RefWorks
New to RefWorks? Click on "Sign Up for a New Account" from the main login page
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a Web-based tool that allows you to:
- manage and organize the bibliographic references you find in library catalogues, databases, and on the web
- prepare a bibliography or reference list automatically
- insert and automatically format in-text citations and a bibliography into a paper using Microsoft Word
- Installing the Write-N-Cite plug-in for MS Word
- Login to your RefWorks account
- Click on "Tools" and select "Write-N-Cite"
- Copy the code that is displayed on the screen (a long code with mixed characters)
- Download and install Write-n-Cite
- Open Microsoft Word, click on the RefWorks tab
- Click on the login icon, and paste in the code that you copied (no need to provide username, password or Group Code)
- Using Write-N-Cite
What is the Group Code?
If you are prompted to enter a Group Code, click here (and select "Forgot your log-in?") in order to have the Group Code emailed to you.
Transferring to (or from) other software
Transferring references to or from other bibliographic management software
(e.g. EndNote, ProCite, Zotero etc.)
- Importing into RefWorks from other bibligraphic management software
- Exporting from RefWorks to Zotero
What happens when I graduate?
Once you graduate from Concordia you will no longer have access to your RefWorks account. Some options to consider:
- Move your account to another insitution that subscribes to RefWorks. To do this, you can backup your Concordia RefWorks account and restore it at your new institution. More info can be found here.
- Move your references to other bibliographic management software (e.g. Endnote, Zotero, etc.). More info can be found here.
What is RefMobile?
RefMobile (http://refworks.scholarsportal.info/mobile) gives you access to your references in RefWorks from your smartphone or mobile device. To access RefMobile, you will require:
- Your 'Log-in Name'
- Your 'Password'
- The 'Group Code'
Click here (and select "Forgot your log-in?") in order to have these 3 things emailed to you.