On this page
The library offers three bookable spaces for digital learning and collaboration.
The multiple layouts and integrated technology allow for flexible use.
Devices may be connected to the screens in two ways: wired and wirelessly.
Connect the device directly to a display port or an HDMI cable and push the play button.
Adapters are available for most devices. If none of the adapters fit your device, the device can still connect via a wireless connection.
Wireless connection (Airmedia)
- Locate the cable with no connector head and push the play button.
- The AirMedia screen should appear. Follow the instructions below.
Desktop and laptop
- Enter the URL (or IP address) at the top of the AirMedia screen into a browser.
- This will prompt you to download a very small program.
- Double click the downloaded file to run it.
- Enter the code from the right of the screen (digits).
When using a mobile device, only certain document types, images and web browsing can be shared.
- Download the Crestron Air Media app (if you are using a Concordia iPad, the app is already present in the communication folder).
- Connect using the same URL (or IP address)/code combination as above.
*Troubleshooting* If the mobile app seems connected but nothing from the devices appears on the screen, quit the app completely and restart it.
On wireless connection, the screen can be split into four sections.
- From the Crestron control panel, click the options icon (below the "X").
- Select desired quadrant (upper/lower and left/right).
All users must be connected wirelessly to access this functionality.
Switching between modes
To switch between a wired and wireless connection, simply push the respective play button on either the cable being used (for wired) or the headless cable (for wireless).
Each mobile cart also has a wide-angle webcam. The camera must be plugged into a device in order to work.
- Connect via the USB cable in the mobile cart (no play button).
- Select the webcam as video input in the software of your choice.
Note: Use of two projectors applies to Multifunctional Room only.
- Touch anywhere on the small touch screen to activate it.
- Select a destination (left, right or both projectors) and a source (PC, AirMedia or a location); the projector screen(s) will automatically roll down.
- The PC
- Mobile cart screens
- External device (laptop, tablet or phone) connected either by wire or wirelessly
- Move the mouse or touch the keyboard to turn on the monitor at the teacher’s station.
- Log in to the PC with your NetName and password.
- If the screen doesn’t come on the monitor at the teacher’s podium, verify that the power is on by looking at the DELL tower in the credenza.
- When you are done using the PC, log out. Do not shut down the PC.
Connect the same way you would to a mobile cart (TV stations).
- Select the appropriate floor monument number (where the teacher’s podium is connected to the power and data in the floor).
- Use one of the cables located bellow the touch panel to wire in your device.
- Select AirMedia as your source and follow the instructions that come up on the projector you select.
- Single source for both projectors: Select the “Both Projectors” icon on the right of the screen then touch the source you want to project (either a mobile cart or the PC).
- Different source for each projector: Select the left or right (measured with your back to the projectors) projector and then the source.
Note: The number that identifies the mobile cart on the screen corresponds to the number on the floor monument where that cart is plugged in and not to the number on the cart.
There is a high definition camera connected to the PC of the teacher’s podium.
- Select the camera icon on the touch screen.
- Adjust the angle of the camera and/or zoom in and out.
Use any application that is designed to handle direct input from a camera, for example Google Hangouts, to create a live video stream.
Note: Applies to Multifunctional Room only.
Microphones are available in the drawer of the large black credenza in the front far corner of the classroom.
- 2 handheld microphones
- 1 lapel microphone (for streaming, not amplifying your voice; since it captures sound from all directions, it may lead to feedback*.)
- Power on the microphone. To hear sound, the touch screen on the teacher’s podium must be activated.
- Select the microphone icon to adjust volume. Be cautious of feedback, do not turn the volume up too high.
- When finished, power off the microphone and return it to the drawer.
*Feedback: Mute the microphone immediately if there is feedback (press the power button on the transmitter or mute on the teacher’s station touch screen under mic volume).
- Locate the controls on a wall near the classroom door.
- Press the on/off switch.
- Adjust brightness with the row of buttons.
For optimal use with the projectors, choose a setting in the middle range.
These carts are very similar to the screens in the group study rooms with the exception of the on/off switch.
The screens do not auto-sleep, so simply push the button on the Extron unit on the back of the screen to turn them on or off.
Multiple locations possible.