Course readings and textbooks for students
On this page
Course textbooks will be placed in the Course Reserves Room at the appropriate library. You can simply find your course code (e.g. CHEM 205) on the shelf and check the books or coursepacks available there). You can also follow the yellow highlighted link in your course in the Course Reserves system to see if any books are available for that course.
Many courses have several sections taught by different instructors and may use different textbooks. Please consult the reading list you were given for the course to identify a book your instructor wants you to use.
Please note that:
- Hard copies of reserve materials are kept in at the Course Reserve Rooms in the Webster and Vanier Libraries
- They must be returned to the service point from which they were borrowed
- Due to high demand, course reserves:
- Have shorter loan periods (e.g. 3 hrs, 3 days); an item on reserve with a loan period of 3 hours that is borrowed less than 3 hours before the Circulation Desk closes may be kept overnight, but will be due one hour after the Circulation Desk opens the next day
- Cannot be renewed
- Incur higher fines
- May have restrictions on how many can be borrowed at one time