Interlibrary loans (Colombo)
On this page
- Place an interlibrary loan request
- Description of service
- Who has access
- For renewals or questions about existing requests
- Alternate services
- Privacy & technical information
Place an interlibrary loan request
Warning: there is currently a problem with the Colombo login. Once you have logged in please check the top right corner of the screen to see if your name is displayed correctly (example: correct first and last name). If incorrect: logout, close your browser completely and start again. We are working on this problem.
Beginning July 26, the Concordia netname and password will be required to access Colombo. See the Interlibrary Loans FAQ page for additional information.
Description of service
- Interlibrary loans (ILL), via Colombo, allows you to access material not available at Concordia University Libraries. This service attempts to obtain the research materials you need from other libraries, either in Quebec, Canada or abroad.
- In most cases articles and book chapters will be delivered to you electronically.
- Hard copy items can be picked up at the Circulation Desks of both Vanier and Webster Libraries.
- There are no restrictions on what you can request (ex: book, article, video, microfilm, etc.), but currently we are unable to borrow books in electronic format.
- ILL is a free service, but there is a cost to the Libraries. Please keep this in mind when making requests and refrain from making multiple requests for the same item.
- For additional information see the Interlibrary Loans FAQ .
Who has access
This service is available to Concordia University Primary Users, as defined by the Library Loans Policy, for purposes of teaching, research and study, specifically:
For renewals or questions about existing requests
Contact the Interlibrary Loans (ILL) Office.
Article Delivery: service which scans and delivers articles and book chapters from Concordia Libraries' print collections.
BCI Card: card allowing for borrowing directly from local university libraries as well as other Canadian university libraries.
Privacy & technical information
Your use of the Colombo database is conditional upon your consent to provide your e-mail and name which will be stored in the Colombo system. The Colombo database is currently supported by the vendor on a server located in the U.S.
After you sign in to Colombo, your name and e-mail are transmitted securely (using SSL) from the Library circulation system to create your Colombo account, allowing you to use the Colombo system right away.