On this page
Login to Zotero
New to Zotero? Click on "Register for a free account" from Zotero's main login page.
What is Zotero?
Zotero is a desktop application that allows you to:
- Manage and organize the bibliographic references you find in library catalogues, databases, and on the web
- Prepare a bibliography or reference list automatically
- Insert and automatically format in-text citations and a bibliography into a paper using Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, Google Docs and other word processors and writing systems.
Who should I contact if I need help or if I have questions?
- Solutions for many problems can be found on the Zotero Support page: https://www.zotero.org/support/.
- You can also contact the Concordia Library's citation team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Citing Engineering Village
The Zotero web browser plug-in is not currently working with the Engineering Village database (including Compendex, Inspec and GEOBASE). To cite articles from Engineering Village using Zotero please refer to the Engineering Village Zotero Instructions
Word Processor Integration
After downloading and installing the Zotero desktop application, the related plugins should automatically be installed on whatever word processing software you have on your computer. More information about these plugins, including detailed explanations of their features, can be found through the following links:
- Zotero plug-in for MS Word: https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage.
- Zotero plug-in for LibreOffice: https://www.zotero.org/support/libreoffice_writer_plugin_usage.
- Zotero plug-in for Google Docs: https://www.zotero.org/support/google_docs.
Transferring Citations from Refworks to Zotero
The steps required to transfer citations from Refworks to Zotero be found on our Refworks to Zotero migration guide.
Refworks will not allow you to export your folder or subfolder structure. If you have your RefWorks citations organized in folders you will need to export each folder individually. If you need help bringing your RefWorks citations over to Zotero please contact the library's citations team at email@example.com.