Computers & technology
Fill in the Guest Computer Account form in person at either Library to obtain a netname and password required to log into a regular desktop computer and access software and online resources. Public workstations are available close to the Circulation Desk/Loans & Returns where you can access the Library's website to fill in this form.
Access to computers
If you have your Alumni ID card:
- Fill in the Guest Computer Account form in-person at either Library to obtain a netname and password.
- Go to the Loans & Returns or Circulation Desk to get your netname activated. Due to security measures around computer access, a valid ID will be required once a year. Valid ID can include a driver's license with an address or photo ID with some proof of residence (e.g., utility bill).
This grants you access to computers for the following 3 months. For access for an additional 3 months, you must return to the Loans or Circulation Desk with your netname and Alumni ID card.
For alumni without an Alumni ID card:
- Fill in the Guest Computer Account form in person at either Library to obtain a netname and password.
- Go to the Loans & Returns (Webster Library) or Circulation Desk (Vanier Library) to get your netname activated.
This grants you access to computers for the following 4 hours on the same day (no same-day renewals). For 4 hours of access on any day thereafter, you must return to the Circulation Desk/Loans & Returns and present a valid ID* along with your guest netname.
* Driver's license with an address or photo ID with some proof of residence (e.g., utility bill).
For more help, please visit the Reference or Ask Us! desk at the Vanier or Webster Library.
Access to photocopying and scanning
Fill in the online guest account form on site (as described above) at either Vanier or Webster Library to get a netname, password and DPrint loader key for access to photocopying and scanning using DPrint Xerox machines.
Add funds to your account online (DPrint account top-up) using the netname and password that was assigned to your guest account. You can also add funds with cash at the DPrint loader located at the Vanier Library using the DPrint loader key.
You can also use one of the Library's KIC scanners at no cost.
Wi-Fi & Internet access
Alumni may access the Internet from any Library desktop computer.
Wi-Fi service is not available to alumni.
If you are a student, faculty or staff visiting from an institution that is a member of Eduroam, you may be able to connect to the Eduroam wireless network using the credentials issued by your institution.
Guest Wi-Fi accounts may be granted to visitors who are sponsored by a Concordia department and unable to connect via Eduroam. The department must request access through Concordia University IT Services.
Guests visiting Concordia for an event may check with the event organizer to see if Wi-Fi credentials are available for attendees.