Borrow with your Alumni card
Starting December 6, 2021, all alumni will need to create a new Library Account. Visit Loans & Returns (Webster Library) or the Circulation Desk (Vanier Library) with your alumni card to complete this step. For more information see My Library Account.
Items may be borrowed in person at both the Vanier Library and Webster Library with an Alumni ID card.
- Most circulating material can be borrowed at Loans & Returns or the Circulation Desk or at a self-checkout machine.
- Some material, such as journals and reference material, does not circulate.
- Borrowed items can be renewed in your Library Account unless requested by another user; accumulated charges of $50.00 or more will result in the user being blocked from renewals until such charges are resolved.
- Renewals are not accepted by email or telephone.
- All loans are subject to immediate recall if needed for reserves, i.e., the Library can ask the current borrower to return a Library item prior to the end of the initial loan period.
My Library Account
Returns & overdue items
- Overdue items are subject to fines charged at $0.50 per day per item for most items or $5 per day for recalled items. Library borrowing privileges are suspended if a fine of $50 has been incurred. Please note that non-receipt of an overdue notice does not release borrowers from their responsibility to return books on time.
- You will receive email reminders when your items are due. To verify which email address the Library is using, check your Library Account.
- Borrowers may obtain information about their own circulation record at Loans & Returns (Webster Library) or the Circulation Desk (Vanier Library) or online through My Library Accounta>.
Loan periods and number of items
|Loan period||30 days|
|Renewals||Items renew automatically (if not requested by another user)|
|Borrowing limit||30 items|
|Request for holds/intercampus delivery||5 holds|
|Course-specific reserve material||Not available|
|Other Quebec university libraries (in person or network loans)||Not available|
|Interlibrary loans||Not available|
|Laptop computer, tablet and charger loans||Not available|
|Technology Sandbox item loans||Not available|