Interlibrary loans (Colombo)
On this page
- Place an interlibrary loan request
- Description of service
- Who has access
- For renewals or questions about existing requests
- Alternate services
- Privacy & technical information
Place an interlibrary loan request
See the Interlibrary Loans FAQ page for login help.
Description of service
- Interlibrary loans (ILL), via Colombo, allows you to access material not available at Concordia University Library. This service attempts to obtain the research materials you need from other libraries, either in Quebec, Canada or abroad.
- In most cases articles and book chapters will be delivered to you electronically.
- Hard copy items can be picked up at the Circulation Desks of both Vanier and Webster Libraries.
- There are no restrictions on what you can request (ex: book, article, video, microfilm, etc.), but currently we are unable to borrow books in electronic format.
- ILL is a free service, but there is a cost to the Library. Please keep this in mind when making requests and refrain from making multiple requests for the same item.
- For additional information see the Interlibrary Loans FAQ .
Who has access
This service is available to Concordia University Primary Users, as defined by the Interlibrary Loans Policy, for purposes of teaching, research and study, specifically:
For renewals or questions about existing requests
To request a renewal you have the following options:
- Click on the "Renew" button which appears in the "My Requests" section of Colombo for the item you would like to keep longer. More information.
- Reply to any email messages you have received about the request (ex: pick-up notice). In your reply include that you are requesting a renewal.
- Contact the Interlibrary Loans (ILL) Office. It is helpful if you can provide the request number (ex: 999999).
- Note: Your item may be renewed automatically a few days before its due date. If that happens you will receive an email notification.
For any other questions about existing requests contact the Interlibrary Loans (ILL) Office.
- Note: if you have made an ILL request and it no longer appears on your My Requests page in Colombo, try clicking on the box "Show everything".
Article/Chapter Scan & Deliver: Articles and chapters from Concordia's collection of books and print or microform periodicals (e.g., journals, magazines, newspapers and conferences), as well as the front and back matter from print books, can be scanned and emailed to you as a PDF attachment. Please note that bound periodicals and periodicals on microform cannot be transferred to Vanier Library or Webster Library for pickup at this time.
BCI Card: card allowing for borrowing directly from local university libraries as well as other Canadian university libraries.
Privacy & technical information
Your use of the Colombo database is conditional upon your consent to provide your email and name which will be stored in the Colombo system. The Colombo database is currently supported by the vendor on a server located in the U.S.
After you sign in to Colombo, your name and email are transmitted securely (using SSL) from the Library circulation system to create your Colombo account, allowing you to use the Colombo system right away.