On this page
- Access is Restricted to Concordia Users
- Biographical Dictionary of Architects in Canada: lists every Canadian building of importance between 1800 and 1950 whose architect can be identified. Edited and compiled by Robert G. Hill, Architect, MRAIC.
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online: a great source for Canadians who died before 1930.
- First Among Equals: the Prime Minister in Canadian Life and Politics, from Library and Archives Canada.
- Heroes in Lore and Yore: Canadian Heroes in Fact and Fiction, from Library and Archives Canada.
- Well Known Canadians: concise information on "Well Known People Who Happen to be Canadian".
- Biographical Dictionary: very concise biographies of historical figures.
- Dead People Server: bio, obituaries and grave location of interesting celebrities. Browse by last name or year of death in the lower left corner.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online: Search the encyclopedia for biographical entries.
- Past Masters: Past Masters is a full-text database of published and unpublished works, articles and essays, reviews and drama and correspondence. It contains complete collections of editions, in both original language and in English translation, of seminal figures in the humanities and social sciences.
- Oxford Art Online: visual artists' bio.
- Complete Dictionary of Scientific Biography : Provides information on the history of science through articles on the professional lives of scientists.
- Grove Music Online Biographies: performing artists' bio. Find Biographies under Advanced search.
- Literature Resource Center: literary authors' bio. Limit your search to Autobiographical, Biographical Essays using Document Type pull-down menu.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography Online: biographies of men and women who shaped the British past, from the earliest times to the end of the year 2001.
Updated: Thursday 3 December 2020