Public opinion polls
- Access is Restricted to Concordia Users
- Ipsos News Centre: The polls in this database are accompanied by detailed data tables, demographic breakdowns, charts and PowerPoint slides. They cover a wide range of topics from politics and productivity to health care and homelessness.
- Canadian Opinion Research Archive (CORA), Queen’s University : Web site provides summaries of Canadian opinion poll results on different topics over time.
The websites of polling firms provide free access to many current and historical poll results and press releases. See a list of Canadian Commercial Survey Research Firms.
Government of Canada
The Communications Policy of the Government of Canada requires all federal departments and agencies to deposit with Library and Archives Canada the final reports of all public opinion research contracted since August 1, 2006. Information about these reports can be accessed through searching by department/agency, contractor, year and key words in the title.
- Search to find a report.
- Browse the departmental listing alphabetically.
See Public Opinion Research in the Government of Canada: advisory services for all Government of Canada public opinion research.
- Online Library of public opinion research from Nanos Research
- Laurier Institute for the Study of Public Opinion and Policy Track issues pertaining to Canadian public opinion in the policy process, specifically elections, seat projections, and voter trends
Microdata from Canadian Polling Firms
The raw data (microdata) from the following sources can be obtained through the <ODESI> database:
- Centre for Research and Information on Canada (CRIC)
- Gallup Canada Inc.
- Institute for Social Research (ISR)
- Listening to Canadians (LTC)
- Voice of the People (VoP)
- National Opinion Research Center (University of Chicago)
- American National Elections Studies (public opinion and electoral data from 1948-2012)
- Monitoring the Future (survey on American youth)
- Dataverse Network (Odum Institute, University of North Carolina)
- Public Agenda (nonpartisan organization)
- PollingReport.com (nonpartisan organization)
- Roper Center for Public Opinion Research
- Pew Research Center
Find American opinions on US politics, media, social trends, religion, technology, and global issues.
Polling firm Web sites/databases:
- Gallup Poll: Combination of free and fee-based access.
- Afrobarometer (African National public attitude surveys on democracy and governance)
- Eurobarometer (European Commission/EU) 1973 - current
- Angus Reid Global Monitor: Summary of reports on polls from around the world. Choose from: Polls & Research; Politics in Depth; and, Election Tracker.
Microdata from Angus Reid Global
The raw data (microdata) from from Angus Reid Global can be obtained through the <ODESI> database
For more information about public opinion polls, please see: Guide to public opinion poll Web sites: Polling data from around the world, published in College & Research Libraries News, October 2006.