Access to Library resources
Connect with a netname
Simply enter your netname and password (the same that you use for My CU Account) to access resources from off-campus. For assistance, go to Concordia IT Services' page on netname account management.
Connecting from off-campus
To access electronic resources when you are off-campus:
- Log into your library account before starting your search from the library website
- Access your favourite database directly from our Databases by subject page
- In Google Scholar, set up Library links and use the 'Find it @ Concordia' link next to results
For further assistance, Ask a Librarian or contact your subject librarian.
Here are possible solutions to problems you may have when accessing databases from home:
If you get a Login Error page, something may be wrong with your student record. Problems may include:
- Unpaid library fines
- Not registered for any courses this semester
If this is the case, contact the Ask Us! desk or Circulation Desk at Webster Library or Vanier Library.
Bad request/Error messages
Try following these steps if you encounter problems accessing a page:
- Open your page in your browser's private or incognito mode
- Clear your browsing history and cache (Chrome keyboard shortcut: CTRL+SHIFT+DEL)
- Close all your navigation windows
- Reopen your browser to begin again
Try using a different browser. For example, if you are using Chrome, try using Firefox instead.
Try accessing other databases to see if the problem persists with other databases. If the problem only occurs with the one database you are trying to access, contact us.