- Access is restricted to Concordia users
Artstor Image database: Includes high resolution images of art covering a wide range of media and time periods. Browse by collection, classification or geography.
- Set up an account (or use your JSTOR account) in order to save images to groups and add your descriptions and tags.
Academic Search Complete (EBSCO): Multidisciplinary database, including magazines and journals.
- From the Advanced Search screen, choose to limit results to images, such as maps, illustrations, black and white photographs, etc.
CPI.Q (Canadian Periodical Index): CPI.Q provides coverage of all subject areas with an emphasis on Canadian issues.
- From the Advanced Search screen, choose to limit "to document with images."
Early English Books Online (EEBO): EEBO provides digital access to the full-text and full-images of printed books from 1470 - 1700.
- In the Advanced Search, limit by illustration type, such as portrait, coat or arms, or illustrations.
Factiva: Offers access to the full-text of international newspapers.
- Click on "All Publications" to remove this default.
- Click on Source and select "All Source." From the drop-down menu, select "All Pictures."
Gale Virtual Reference Library (Gale eBooks): A searchable collection of reference e-books, which provides access to the fulltext of major subject encyclopedias.
- In the Advanced Search, limit results "to documents with images."
- New York Times on ProQuest Historical Newspapers: full-page-images and article images from the New York Times from its first issue in 1851 to two to three years before the current date.
Oxford Art Online: includes art reference titles, such as the Oxford Companion to Western Art and Grove Art Online.
- Choose to "Search for images only."
Times Digital Archive: The Times Digital Archive is a full-image online archive of every page published by The Times [London] from 1785-1985.
- Limit a search to the "Picture Gallery."
- CCSearch: Creative Commons licensed images from Rijksmuseum, Flickr, 500px, the New York Public Library, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Flickr: Flickr is a searchable image database which allows users to view or upload images and tag images of interest.
- Google Images: Use the advanced search to limit by image size, file type and domain.
- Images from the History of Medicine: Access to over 70,000 images from the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- morgueFile: Free high resolution stock photos.
- Photos for Class: Creative Commons photos for educational purposes. Downloaded images automatically cite the author and the image license terms.
- Pics4Learning: Free, copyright-friendly images for education.
- TinEye Labs MulticolorEngine: Search 20 million Creative Commons images from Flickr by colour.
- Unsplash: Free (Creative Commons Zero) high-resolution photos..
- Yahoo! Search - Images
Updated: Wednesday 20 January 2021