Library users can check out materials for themselves using the self-checkout machines at Webster and Vanier Libraries. One machine is available in the entry area of the Vanier Library and there are two machines at the Webster Library, also in the entry area. To use them, you must have your Concordia ID card, Alumni ID card or Library Privilege Card.
If you need help, select the "Instructions" button on the self-checkout screen or see staff at the Loans & Returns Desk (Webster Library) or Circulation Desk (Vanier Library).
Certain items cannot be checked out at the machine, including:
- Items which have been requested by another user
- Reference materials (dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc.)
- All journals, magazines, and newspapers
- Media materials including microforms, videos, etc.
- Equipment (e.g., laptops, tablets, Technology Sandbox items)