Contactless Book Pickup
On this page
Concordia students, faculty, and staff may request items (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.) that are currently held in the Library's regular collection.
Note: intercampus delivery is possible, but material moved from one campus to the other may take more than a week to become available, due to irregular service.
Requested items will be made available for pickup after email confirmation, at the following locations:
- Webster Library: in the LB Building (SGW Campus). Opening hours: 9 am – 9 pm, Monday to Friday
- Vanier Library: in the Vanier Library. Opening hours: 9 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday
What you need to know
Before submitting your request:
Check that the item you are requesting is not available in digital format.
If you require a chapter from a book, please consider making a request using the Article/Chapter Scan & Deliver service to have the chapter scanned and emailed to you as a PDF.
Only regularly circulating items may be requested. Items that are part of course reserves and Special Collections are not available for the Contactless Book Pickup service. To request items that are part of the reference collection, please email email@example.com.
Each request may require up to one week to process before the requestor is notified that the items are available. Intercampus delivery may take more time.
Documents are loaned for 30 days. Renewals are automatic as long as an item is not requested by another user. Loaned material is not eligible for recall by users; however, the Library reserves the right to recall items to support course readings, digitization, or critical research needs.
Requested items will be wrapped with a sheet of paper printed with your last name and first initial and placed on a shelf. Items will already be checked out to your library account. To cancel a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to make a request
- Search the Concordia collection using the Sofia Discovery tool for books or other items from our main collection
- Click on the request button in the “Check Availability” section of an item record. The button will not appear if the item is non-circulating (ex: course reserve items).
- Choose specific volume if needed and specify pickup location before submitting your request.
How to pick up items
Once you receive an email message confirming that your items are available for pickup, you may proceed to the library specified. See opening hours in About section.
- For the Webster Library (SGW Campus), go to the LB building (J. W. McConnell Building) and use the entrance on Mackay street.
- For the Vanier Library (Loyola Campus): Go to the Vanier Library directly.
Proceed to the Security station where you will need to show your Concordia ID to the Security agent. The agent will ask you some questions and ask you to use the hand sanitizer provided.
Once you have passed through Security, there will be an area where your items will be available for pickup. Requested items will be wrapped with a sheet of paper printed with your last name and first initial and placed on a shelf. Items will already be checked out to your library account. To cancel a request please email email@example.com.
Note that your items will not be packaged for carrying. Please bring one or more bags for easy transportation.
Once you have retrieved your items, please exit the building using the same door. No building access is permitted beyond the Security and book pickup area.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, please remain at home. You may contact us to make alternate arrangements for pickup.
For questions about this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.