Contactless Book Pickup
On this page
Concordia students, faculty, and staff may now request items (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.) that are currently held in the Library's regular collection.
Requested items will be made available for pickup beginning the week of July 6, after email confirmation, in the LB Building (SGW Campus) for items held at the Webster Library, or in the SP Building (Loyola Campus) for items held at the Vanier Library. Items will be available for pickup between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. from Monday through Friday.
What you need to know
Before submitting your request:
Check that the item you are requesting is not available in digital format.
If you require a chapter from a book, please consider making a request using the Article/Chapter Scan & Deliver service to have the chapter scanned and emailed to you as a PDF.
Only regularly circulating items may be requested. Items that are part of the reference collection, course reserves, and Special Collections are not available for the contactless book pickup service.
Each request may require up to one week to process before the requestor is notified that the items are available.
Items will be made available for contactless pickup at the campus where they are located. Webster Library items will be made available at the Sir George Williams Campus. Vanier Library items will be made available at the Loyola Campus.
Print items are loaned for 30 days with unlimited renewals. Loaned material is not eligible for recall by users; however, the Library reserves the right to recall items to support course readings, digitization, or critical research needs.
How to make a requestMake a contactless pickup request
- Search the Concordia collection using the CLUES Library Catalogue for books or other items from our main collection.
- Complete the request form adding the CLUES Library Catalogue permanent link or the details (title, author, call number, edition/year) for each item. You will need to log in with your Concordia netname. If you need assistance in locating items, use our Ask a Librarian service.
- Wait for us to email you with the confirmation that the items are available and instructions for the contactless pickup.
How to pick up items
Once you receive an email message confirming that your items are available for pickup, you may proceed to the campus specified (Sir George Williams Campus for items held at Webster Library; Loyola Campus for items held at Vanier Library) during opening hours (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Bring your Concordia ID with you. Accompanying persons are not permitted in the building.
- For the SGW Campus, go to the LB building (J. W. McConnell Building) and use the entrance on Mackay street.
- For the Loyola Campus, go to the SP building (Richard J. Renaud Science Complex) and use the main entrance that leads to the Security desk (SP-144).
Proceed to the Security station where you will need to show your Concordia ID to the Security agent. The agent will ask you some questions and ask you to use the hand sanitizer provided. Once you have passed through Security, there will be an area where your items will be available for pickup. Follow the instructions in the email to retrieve your items. Note that your items will not be packaged for carrying. Please bring one or more bags for easy transportation.
Once you have retrieved your items, please exit the building using the same door. No building access is permitted beyond the Security and book pickup area.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, please remain at home. You may contact us to make alternate arrangements for pickup.
For questions about this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.