Plan data management
On this page
- What is a data management plan
- Funder requirements
- Data management plan tools & examples
- Find data
- Collect data ethically
- File formats
- File naming, organization, versioning
- Document & describe
- Storage & backup
- Analyze & visualize data
- Prepare data for archiving, sharing
- Where to share data
- Data licenses
- Cite data
Tools to assist you with the creation of a DMP
Data management plan preparation tools
- DMP Assistant
- Recommended for Canadian scholars.
- Web-based bilingual tool that guides you step-by-step through developing a data management plan.
- Specific templates for Canadian funding agencies will be added as the requirements are announced
- DMPTool: for writing U.S. DMPs. Includes templates from various U.S. funding agencies.
- DMPonline: for writing U.K. DMPs. Includes templates from U.K., U.S. and European funding agencies.
Examples of completed data management plans
These example DMPs may not have been assessed for quality or completeness.
Checklists and self-assessment tools
Questions to ask yourself and general guidelines when writing a data management plan:
- Data Management Plan Self-Assessment Questionnaire (Purdue)
- Data Management Plan Support (University of Nebraska, Lincoln)
- Checklist for a Data Management Plan (Digital Curation Centre)