Indigenous Student Librarian program – in partnership with McGill University and Université de Montréal
Application and instructions
In order to be considered for the program, applicants must have submitted their application to their university of choice and have received an offer of admission to the information studies program from the institution.
The applicant may apply to the program before being accepted by a university. Acceptance into the student librarian program is dependent upon the student enrolling in a Master’s degree program leading to a MISt. or MSI.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter, including your goals for the program and future plans in the field of library and information studies (approximately 500 words);
- When applying, the candidate should indicate in the cover letter to which school(s) they have applied. Upon acceptance to either McGill’s MISt. program or Université de Montréal’s MSI program, the applicant should forward the official offer of admission.
- One letter of recommendation from an instructor, supervisor (past or present), or a member of the community;
The following elements are not required for applicants:
- A resume/cv is optional, but not required;
- A university transcript is not required;
- Previous experience working in libraries, archives, museums, or cultural institutions is not required.