Indigenous Student Librarian program
On this page
Application and instructions
In order to be considered for the program, applicants must have submitted their application to their university of choice and have received an offer of admission to the information studies program from the institution.
The applicant may apply to the program before being accepted by a university. Acceptance into the student librarian program is dependent upon the student enrolling in a Master’s degree program leading to a MISt. or MSI.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter, including your goals for the program and future plans in the field of library and information studies (approximately 500 words);
- One letter of recommendation from an instructor, supervisor (past or present), or a member of the community;
- When applying, the candidate should indicate in the cover letter to which school(s) they have applied. Upon acceptance to either McGill’s MISt. program or Université de Montréal’s MSI program, the applicant should forward the official offer of admission;
- A resume/cv is optional, but not required;
- No transcript is required.