Software available on Library computers & laptops
On this page
All library desktop and laptop computers have USB ports and CD/DVD burners.
No personal software or programs may be loaded onto the desktop or laptop computers.
- English (Canada)
- English (United States) - default
- French (Canada)
- Chinese (PRC)
- German (Germany)
- Greek (Greece)
- Italian (Italy)
- Russian (Russia)
- Spanish (Spain, International Sort)
- Windows 10 Professional
Internet Explorer software and plugins
- Internet Explorer 11
- Adobe Reader DC (with spelling dictionaries support & extended Asian language font pack)
- VLC Media Player
- Flash Player
- Antidote (bilingual) - VL-122 and LB-3 only
- CFX Manager 3.1 - VL-122 only
- Google Chrome
- Google Earth (not available on library laptops)
- IBM SPSS 24*
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016: Word, Excel, Access, OneNote, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Wolfram Mathematica*
- R - VL-122 only
- R Studio - VL-122 only
* If you are planning on using Wolfram Mathematica or SPSS on a library laptop, please know that these programs will only work while you are connected to Concordia's Wi-Fi network. This is due to licensing agreements.
The following software applications are available on all public workstations (with the exception of the express workstations).
- iZoom Low Vision Screen Magnifier
- JAWS (Job Access with Speech) Screen Reader
- ClaroRead Plus for text-to-speech and writing help
Software at scanner workstations
Computers at the scanner workstations at the Webster Library (W305-001, W305-002, W305-003) and Vanier Library (V-105, V-211) have additional software. These workstations may be booked in advance. Software available:
- Adobe Acrobat DC Pro - sign-on instructions
- Adobe PhotoShop CC - sign-on instructions
- ArcGIS (W305-001 and W305-002 only)
- Epson Scan
- Harpoon Classic (Webster only)
Specialized viewers and plugins
- Beyond 20/20 Professional Browser
- Accord SDK Runtime
- Shockwave Player
ArcGIS, the widely used Geographic Information System (GIS), is available on workstations W305-001 and W305-002 at the Webster Library on LB-3.
The latest CD editions of the ASHRAE Handbooks are installed on W301-004 at the Webster Library on LB-3.
Adobe Shared Device Licensing instructions
Special Adobe software (Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe CC, etc.) is available on the following workstations:
- LIB-W305-001, LIB-W305-002 and LIB-W305-003, near scanners on LB-3
- LIB-LB314-INSTR in LB-314, Visualization Studio
- LIB-V101-005 in VL-101
- LIB-V201-025 in VL-201
In order to use Adobe software, you need to sign in to Concordia's Single Sign On service (SSO) using your SSO credentials:
- Launch software
- Sign on with firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty and staff
- Launch software
- Sign on with email@example.com
Help with Microsoft Office
Below are books in the library that can help with using Microsoft Office:
- Melton, Beth, [et al.] (2013). Microsoft Office Professional 2013. Step by step series. Sebastopol, Calif.: O’Reilly Media.
- Balter, Alison (2013). Access 2013: absolute beginner's guide. Indianapolis, IN.: Que Pub.
- Johnson, Steve (2013). Access 2013 on demand. On demand series. Indianapolis, IN.: Que Pub.
- MacDonald, Matthew (2013). Access 2013: the missing manual. Missing manual series. Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly.
- Frye, Curtis (2013). Microsoft Excel 2013. Step by step series. Sebastopol, Calif.: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
- Cox, Joyce, & Lambert, Joan (2013). Microsoft PowerPoint 2013: step by step. Step by step series. Redmond, Wash.: Microsoft Press.
- Wright, Alan, & Roth, Chris (2014). Visio 2013 absolute beginner's guide. Absolute Beginner’s guide series. Indianapolis, IN.: Que.
- Helmers, Scott A. (2013). Microsoft Visio 2013 step by step. Step by step series. Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly Media.